A majority of Center for Visual Science (CVS) members belong to the Rochester Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN).
Learn more about the SPIE student chapter at the University of Rochester.
Vision Training Fellowships
The Center for Visual Science offers competitive graduate fellowships for graduate students working in the lab of a CVS faculty member. Applications are made by a student's advisor to the vision training committee in CVS. Fellows receive full stipend support as well as up to $1K in funds to attend a domestic conference or meeting.
CVS faculty have designed a series of courses to provide training in vision sciences.
Check the course schedules/descriptions available via the Registrar's Office for the official schedules for the widest range of terms for which such information is available.
- CVSC 491 Master's Readings
- CVSC 493 Master's Special Topics
- CVSC 495 Master's Research
- CVSC 504 Sensory Systems
- CVSC 528 Special Topics in Vision
- CVSC 534 Introduction to Augmented and Virtual Reality
- CVSC 535 Selected Topics in Augmented and Virtual Reality
- CVSC 572 Practicum in Augmented and Virtual Reality
- CVCS 591 PhD Readings
- CVSC 595 PhD Research